The time is going by really fast. I just had my first "freak-out" session yesterday because I realized that he really could come anytime now. It's not ideal for him to come this early, but it certainly has happened! I am the type of person who needs everything in order (like his room) and I need to read as much as I can about parenting before I will feel ready. There are a few things that I am reading about right now , like feeding, that I need a little more time to figure out, so baby, please don't come yet! Chad has been super sweet about me feeling this way and he has told me that he will take care of things. Technically there are only 5 things left on my list that need to be done, but I feel very anxious about them getting done. They are as follows:
1. Hanging a shelf and finding a light for the closet (where diapers will be changed)
2. Making sure the car seats fit correctly.
3. Packing my hospital bag along with baby's things
4. Cleaning the car out (it's kind of gross right now because Chad hauls everything in it)
5. Put together the bassinet
Chad will laugh when he reads this little list, but to me, it's driving me crazy that it's not done! :)
On to other news, I have learned that there is a chance that I may have to go on bed rest. My blood pressure is to blame for this. You might be connecting my anxiety over my list to this problem and you are probably correct. But regardless, it is getting worse, so as of right now, my Dr told me that I needed to cut my hours at work so I will be able to continue work. I will be seeing her again this Friday, so I will have more questions answered at that point. The stress of going without a paycheck for so long is unfortunately another "stresser", so I am trying not to think about it!
As for good news, I am excited because we have two more showers this weekend! And also, the baby is about the size of a honeydew. He is between 17.2in - 18.7in long and about 4.2 lbs - 5.8 lbs. I am going to say that he is proably more around the 5.8 lbs mark by judging on how my back feels.
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment