Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 24


*I wore this shirt when I took my 11 week pic. Don't worry I have not worn this shirt out in public since then.

We survived our birthing class!! It was a long 7 hours on a beautiful sunny Saturday, but we made it. Now, if I can do 7 hours of that birthing class, one with a teacher who lectured for the whole duration, while we sat on very uncomfortable chairs, I can definitely do stage 1 of labor. And yes I learned that in my class. Stage 1 of labor usually lasts 7-8 hours. Then there are stages 2 and 3. That's a whole other story.
We did learn some very important information. It also helped Chad and I decide what we want to bring to the hospital and what our possible birthing plan might be. And when I talk about what I want to bring to the hospital, I am not just talking about a pillow from home and a robe. I am talking about dvd's and Chad's laptop because they have wireless. I know what you are thinking, "you are going to do that while laboring?" Let me just live in my little bubble for now :)
In other news, the baby had the hiccups twice today. It was a very light tapping feeling(sorry for lack of better words). I just happened to have my hand on my belly and felt it. At first I was confused as to what it was because it was so light. I am so used to him not regarding any personal space, so this was kind of a shock. I am sure it will get much more noticeable when he gets even bigger.
One thing that is going really well right now is sleeping!! I can't believe it! With the cool air at night, we leave all of our windows open and I sleep as sound as a rock. I do wake up with kinks in my neck because of how long I slept in a certain way, but hey, I will take it!

1 comment:

  1. Sally, we used our laptop more than anything else that we brought! (Didn't have time to watch movies....but we did bring those too!) If you have any questions, do not hesitate to e-mail me! Have more faith in yourself when it comes to labor- you're a tough girl and it is not as bad as we think in our heads! ;)

    ReplyDelete