Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 1


Chad got his wish of having his son go fishing within his first week of life!





Well we have made it this far! Every day things seem to be getting better and better! We are forming routines and learning likes and dislikes. The one thing that I can't get my head around is how much I love him. It is nothing like I have ever felt before. It really is a mother's love. I can understand now what others have talked about. I am so proud that I am able to experience it.

Now on to other things. Jack has started to lift his head up with more strength, which can catch you off guard, but it's neat to see how he is growing. He also likes his schedule. Every three hours he eats for 10 min. Then I have to wait about 15 min for a good poop, and then he goes to sleep again. This goes on all day. At night is a little different. There is a period of being awake, unless he is held. I am hoping that after a couple of weeks he will start to understand the differences between night and day and do the "wanting to be held" part only during the day.

This paragraph is dedicated to my wonderful Chad. I can't express how much our bond has grown since experiencing this life changing event together. From sitting in hospital rooms for hours on end to coaching me when to push. He has been so supportive. Even now when we are home, he continues to help me and be a great dad to Jack. He doesn't complain when he is up during the night taking care of Jack, while I recover. Chad even made a chart so we could track my medications and Jack's feeding schedule. I don't know how I deserve such a great guy, but I just have to thank God every day for him and my little Jack.

My Top 10 things I am thankful for:
10. Being able to move again (bending over for example!)
9. I can eat some salt again(I couldn't stand it when I was pregnant)
8. I can still wear some of my old summer clothes!
7. I have more energy
6. I don't have to lay on my left side 24/7
5. Chad is becoming more organized around the house (His garage is completely in order even down to the tools, however, in the past his things in the house, not so much)
4. My life has even more meaning because I am living out my dream as being a mom
3. God is so good to me
2. I have a wonderful husband
1. I have a son who is perfect in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment